Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We love our sleep...

I don't normally write alot on here, but wanted to pass this info along to those of you who check out the blog frequently...
Before Zoe was born, I read a book called On Becoming Babywise. Which taught us how to train Zoe to learn to sleep through the night, put herself to sleep and keep her on a flexible, parent-directed schedule - explaining how in turn we would produce a happy, contented baby. It made sense to me, so we implented the principles of babywise starting when she was about one week old. It worked! She has slept through the night since 7 weeks and slept 12 hour nights since 10 weeks old. There's no rocking her to sleep and sneaking out of the room or anything like that. We just lay her in her crib - she smiles - grabs her blanket and goes to sleep whether it's naptime or night-nights for the night. I write all of this to pass the info along - so many people tell us how "lucky" we are to have such a "good baby", but really it's been doing our homework and training her. Anyone can have the same results. Go ahead give it a try! The book was the best baby gift I received from a good friend. Other great training resources we are studying and using are at http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/.

3 comments:

Meg'n said...

Christie, thanks for sharing that information. that will be important for me in a few years and two of my sisters-in-law are expecting at the end of the year. i will pass that along to them. i always check your blog. Zoe is a beautiful little lady. You can definitely tell she is a happy baby. i hope you are doing well. take care. -megan

Meg O. said...

Hi Chris,
So, I ordered this book today along with 2 others...Secrets of a Baby Whisperer, and The Mission of Motherhood...NO I AM NOT PREGO! But, you know me I like to plan, so I figure I might as well get some materials so that I am well prepared. I wish we could of seen you over the 4th. Love you!
Megan

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you wrote this Chris! If I hear one more time "You're so lucky that she's such a good sleeper" I'm going to scream!!! Babywise has been a true blessing for us and has let Heath & I continue to focus on strengthening our marriage as well as parenting Avery. Thanks for all the tips and LOVE the new pics!